Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Alber Elbaz is out at Lanvin!

This week has been so weird.

First of, Raf Simons left Dior in a shock move over contract disputes and now, Alber Elbaz is out at Lanvin!

That man is Lanvin!

What is going on!


We did say that when the Dior thing happened - there would be a chain of musical chairs within the fashion industry. Happens everytime. I don't know how they all seem to know its time to change.

But back to this.

WWD is reporting that Elbaz is leaving Lanvin after 14 years as head designer. WWD are disputing the press releases and reports that this was an amicable split and every is happy. Apparently it has to be with Elbaz being unhappy with one of the owners not being equipped to move the company into the Asian markets sufficiently and a refusal to sell the shares to someone who would. This has lead to negotiations being difficult and general unhappiness.

So what now?

I reckon we could be seeing a move to Dior. I mean the job has not been filled yet. It could be anyone's game. I don't even know if there is anyone else who I could see as a good fit for the job. Elbaz is perfect for it. The Dior woman and the Lanvin woman are not a million miles apart from each other in terms of design. However, it could also mean that Elbaz moves out of fashion for a while. He has taken Lanvin to incredible heights with make up collections, RTW collections and also, their highly successful H&M collaboration which is still demanding high prices on eBay. He has spoken of the pressure to perform and design before :

 "It's not about pressure, it's about the system. And the system has pressure, and the pressure has a system, so this is what I'm going to talk about. It won't be just ‘thank you so much.' It will be talking about things that are touching all of us people from this family of fashion."



UPDATE - It has just been released that it wasn't due to negotiations but Elbaz was asked to leave due to a decision made by the company shareholders. The majority shareholder is the owner (Shaw - lang Wang) that Elbaz had some disputes with. 

Elbaz has released a statement : 

"At this time of my departure from Lanvin on the decision of the company's majority shareholder, I wish to express my gratitude and warm thoughts to all those who have worked with me passionately on the revival of Lanvin over the last 14 years; express my affection to all my wonderful colleagues in the Lanvin ateliers who accompanied me, and who enriched and supported my work. Together, we have met the creative challenge presented by Lanvin and have restored its radiance and have returned it to its rightful position among France's absolute luxury fashion houses."
I also wish to express my profound and deepest gratitude to all of the clients and friends, to the French and international press, and to all those business partners who collaborated with Lanvin, providing us with support since 2001. I wish the house of Lanvin the future it deserves among the best French luxury brands, and hope that it finds the business vision it needs to engage in the right way forward."


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar