Look who's checking out the lay of her land;)♥
I am ready to do a rain dance.
The grass is like straw and turning brown..the gardens..are weak.
We have had years like this but I was so pumped about the gardens.Watering ban..by had only..pots are doable but not the beds day in and day out.The water doesn't seep in..it slides and forms rivulets to nowhere needed.Things are literally toppling..so dry.C'est la vie.
It seems through the blooming months I have prevalent colors..from blue to pink to mostly whites to mauve.
It's mauve about now.
I made a delish tart w/ Dorie Greenspans sweet dough pastry..and her pastry cream..both from Baking From My Home to Yours..recipes abound on the net.And THAT book? One of my favorites.So easy so good.
Some may remember my heart shaped footbalms a few yrs back..I put them in different molds this time..cute as buttons..same mix of ings..yet these are so hard.:( Could be my beeswax batch was older..not sure..or because I had stipulated less olive oil next time..and followed my advice..lol..
And this happened.. part 1 of my garlic harvest..
LOL nothing pretty in the garage...snow blower..tractor..corded wood..leaf blowers..bicycles..shop vacs..and extra garden paraphenalia..shelves..ok ..the curtains are ok;)♥Yes I put curtains in garage windows..
So..I guess I harvested about 40..maybe more.. from the Peter Rabbit raised hexagonal bed..where spinach and herbs and some borage remain..some self-seeded Dancing With Smurfs tomato plants..
I think this bed grows the largest bulbs....no sand in this bed just earth and manure..Bécassine:)The other 2 areas..are old earth or mostly sand.I have to amend them..still..I will get small and medium sized bulbs..ap 60 more.This first harvest I hung in the garage..the others will go in the potting shed.Will do soon as these seemed fine and dandy.
It will last 1 yr and one yr only.I ALMOST had to buy some:)
LOL but I had made 2 decorative wreaths w/ 6..I took them off the wall;)
Garlic is my fave edible to grow..no pests..easy..plant in fall..first to sprout in Spring..collect in July..hang to dry..snip..brush off..store.Enjoy♥.Next harvest I'll try and make it cuter;)
So hot!!And now it seems Japanes Beetles have come to my little town.Luckily nothing loves garlic..so far..except us.
Have a nice weekend~
0 Yorumlar