Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

DECORATING WOES & A BLOG CRAWL

The weather is getting warmer and soon we will be spending weekends at the lake. This is the time of year that we decide on what sort of projects we want to get done so that when summer is in full swing, we can just sit back and relax. Fixing up the loft is one of our projects.

Once you come up the stairs to the 2nd floor of our house, you are in the loft. The master bedroom, a bathroom and the 2 guest rooms open up off of the loft. The main thing we want to do is paint and reupholster the sofa. I already know that I am going to paint the space in a shade of cream. The only natural light comes from the bedrooms, so I need something that will open everything up. Plus, I love a neutral background. I am sharing with you some of the fabric samples I received from the company that makes the sofa, This End Up.
If you are familiar with This End Up, you know their furniture is very casual and lasts a long time. The cushions on the sofas and chairs are all zip on slipcovers. Very simple an easy. We are ordering new cushions as well, as this couch is 20 years old.

Above are some samples that I thought had a bit of a beachy look. I thought that would be kind of fun. The loft is basically used to watch TV and just chill after a day of being on the water and in the sun. This fabric is durable and looks like it could stand up to a wet bathing suit. I am sort of leaning toward the large stripe.
These are more neutral colors. A little more simple. I like the yellow and white swatch, which is called Vanilla Cord. It has a formal look to it and can be jazzed up with some pale blue accessories. This would make the space pretty as opposed to fun.

Oh...decisions. I love both looks and I just can't decide which way to go. You can look into our master bedroom from the loft. It is done in blue and white with a pretty, coastal feel to it. So, what do you think? Which swatch do you like and if it were your loft, what sort of look would you want?
The weather here has taken a change for the better...today it is supposed to get up to 60 degrees. Definitely a day for a walk. Or a trip to the park on bikes.

I have started some serious planning for my garden and I get my seeds and plants from a variety of places. These seeds just came and they make me feel like spring is just around the corner.
And finally, I thought I should do my little bit about the greening of the Chicago River which takes place every St. Patrick's Day. I am joining Kathleen at Cuisine Kathleen for the Third Annual St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl.
Every year, 40 pounds of green vegetable dye are dumped into the Chicago River. It's quite a spectacle. See the people lined up on the bridge? And of course there is the big parade. I love living here! Pop over to Kathleen's to see everyone joining in. She has written another one of her fun poems! :-)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar