Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Just When I thought I'd Finished

All my technical notes are filed, all my research is collated, my journal is written up, my sketchbook is finished and having finally got all five of my designs drawn up and presented on boards with my samples I thought I was finished and ready for degree moderation day on Saturday. But no... I couldn't leave it alone.

It is not a requirement that any of the designs are made up into actual garments, but I kept wondering what if...

And this is the result...

It has been no mean feat stitching cotton jersey without an overlocker and I wasn't sure it would ever get finished.
In true window dressing fashion I've got the back held together with a peg as it is too big for me, so I'll probably never wear it but I'm pleased I've made it as it is one thing to have a design on paper but quite another to actually see it made up. I think it would work in the hands of a more experienced dressmaker (who measures rather than guesses sizes) with an overlocker!

I'm pleased with the detail though...

especially the buttons

and the cuffs.

The question now is... was this a purely an academic exercise to satisfy my own curiosity or am I brave enough to take it along to moderation day? I'll probably change my mind ten times between now and Saturday!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar