Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Time To Move On.

We have been fencing, weeding, dividing perennials, weeding, sowing a lawn in the 5 tree orchard, mowing the lawns and more weeding again.  The place looks it belongs to some one again.  The next job is painting the rest of the outside of the farmhouse.  That's my great weekend!

Not forgetting the small matter of the Old Trafford heroes going along the East Lancs road to play Liverpool.  I love this derby more than other derby.  It's so intense and it's a clash between the biggest giants in English football.  Some say the rivalry goes back to the building of the Manchester Ship canal and diverting the cotton trade to Manchester.  I thinks it's so important because Liverpool and United have won it all.  They are the most decorated clubs in English football history.  Liverpool and United fans want the bragging rights!

I digress.  This dry weather really lifts the depression and I think we are finally getting round to getting the farmhouse occupied again.  My uncle died in 2008 and we have hated looking at the empty house that my father was born in.  We built our bungalow in 2003 and it's only twenty feet from the old farm house.  We are pleased we own the 2 houses and one day both lads will have their own house, but not yet.

The farm house gets rarely used apart from occasional relatives or friends visits.  I hate seeing that empty building.  I have some wonderful memories of my dad's parents and his brother living there.  Now it's time to move on and make our own new memories.  Life is for the living isn't it?

We have thought of doing holiday lets for walkers on the Sheeps Head Way or even long let.  It's just that it's next to the farmyard and I don't think it would be really suitable for families with kids.  We would have to fence it off seperately.  Plus we don't want to be tiptoeing around in the haggard when we are seeing to the farm animals or fixing things.  I think the house would be good for anybody who wants to live in the country but wants to sample country living before they commit themselves to buying a property in the countryside next to the sea.

What would you do if you had an empty property in the countryside?  Would you rent it out long term or just for holiday lets?  We could even rent the tenant a field or two and they would have their own smallholding?  All thoughts gladly appreciated! 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar