Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekly Wrap-Up 1/3

 Good morning to all and well wishes in this brand new year!  2021!!!!!
This sure is hard to believe that we are here in the now and it is 2021!  I remember being in grade school in math class and being asked to figure how old we would be in 2000.  The answer I wrote was "dead"!!!!  LOL.  Being 10 - it sure didn't seem possible to be THAT old!  Look at us now.  Let's just say I am grateful and blessed!

We ended the year with some snow here - woke to snow on new years eve.  Not a lot - and goodness gracious - it was perfect snow in my eyes.  It was only on the grass!!!!!!   Woke up NY morning to ice and more ice.  Then as it warmed, it turned to rain and rained all day.  Last night was suppose to bring snow, but happily they were mistaken for my area.
This coming week should be pretty decent weather wise.  Each day is just one closer to spring!

I had family come in last Sunday and that was lovely.  It was great to spend time with them.  I got to see more family on NY day.  Still haven't seen them all - but slowly working on it. 
I have received so many lovely things from nieces and nephews!  My goodness - one would think they loved their Auntie!!!!
I got bath items, kitchen items, a pretty sweater, a coupon book, family pictures, candles, many useful items.  I am so blessed with such a wonderful and loving family.

                                        LOVE this t-shirt I got.  Boy is that a true saying!!!!!

My week:
  • Great family days!  Best part of the week
  • Using up leftovers and freezing those I got tired of
  • Recycled all tissue paper and pretty gift bags to use next year.
  • Cleaned the house, put away MOST Christmas decorations, and got all the laundry done - to start the year out clean and fresh.
  • Stayed away from stores and shopping - NO money spent (only left to go to brothers house NY day)
  • Kept the fronts to the cards received.  I will use these as 'list' cards.  It is always nice to have something pretty to make lists on.  I have tons of fronts from years past that are being used as gift tags.
                             The backs are plain - perfect for list making.  Pretty fronts for smiles!
  • Binge watched Twilight Zone marathon and recoded several I had never seen.  I watched one that was disturbing as it was so realistic.  Season 2 Episode 24 - Obsolete Man (if you can find online).  It was how government had determined so many obsolete - elderly, handicapped, religious, and those who disagreed with the govt.  Libraries didn't exist any longer and the govt. had determined there was NO God.  Anyone determined to be "obsolete" was publicly destroyed.  I know this sounds disturbing - but it also seems all too REAL today.  Sure gives one something to ponder.
  • Watched lots of You Tube videos - just keeping the week quiet and slow
  • Read some & took a couple naps!
Meals this past week:
Family get together and variety of goodies was provided - all from things I had on hand
Meatball/cheese sandwich and chips
Sloppy pasta and salad  (mac n cheese mixed with leftover sloppy Joe)
Long grain rice/mushroom soup (from freezer) and crackers and cheese
Chicken tamales over rice
NY dinner at brother/SIL home - corned beef/cabbage/black eyed peas - all for luck!  Lots of other goodies as well
Homemade Reuben sandwich  - (had everything on hand)
               Super easy and filling dinner.  Tamales (canned) over rice.  Very tasty indeed.

I ended the year quietly and started the new year the same.  I still have a couple of 'holiday' gatherings to attend at some point in time - whenever they get scheduled.
I look forward to the new year and PRAY it is a good year for all.  I see great things happening in my mind and hope they come to be for all.
Did you have a quiet new year?  How is your weather?

Lets all get geared up for a fun and informative 2021 - teaching and learning.  I am anxious to see what everyone brings to the table!

Blessings from my humble little home to yours.

This verse of scripture - should be our quote for the new year.  I know it will be mine!!!!!  God has this - have faith.
Blessings to you all.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar