Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Take on Ddukbokkie (Korean Spicy Rice Cake)

I have been a little obsessed with watching Korean dramas lately and therefore have been craving Korean food every time I see it on screen! 'You know you are a glutton when..' lol :P 

One Korean snack I found particularly interesting was the Ddukkbokkie which is rice cake in a hot and spicy sauce. It is typically eaten as a snack but if you add more fillers such as vegetables, fish puffs, tofu skin, etc, it can also become a meal... which is what I have done.

Trixie and I followed the recipe from Maangchi but modified it a bit to fit what I had in my fridge.  I wanted to use traditional Korean rice cakes which are shaped in long tubes, but since I had the sliced ones in my freezer already, I reluctantly substituted them for the tubes. So yeah... that's why it doesn't look very authentic :P

I first took out some frozen fish puff and oyster mushrooms.

Then, I soaked the fish puff along with the frozen rice cake and fish cake in water to thaw it out a bit.
Click Here to Read More »

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar