Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Literal Little Lulu

Lulu is the oldest daughter
of my oldest daughter, TPot.
Now, I'm not saying the nut
doesn't fall far from the tree..
but let me tell you,
when her Mom was little
she came home from school
and was singing
The Star Spangled Banner,
a song they were learning in school.
Just for no good reason but I want
to tell you this...that song
always brings tears to my eyes..
Anyway..
So TPot was singing..
Hosea' can you see, by the dawn's earl..
Huh? What?
TPot start again..
HOSEA'
can you see...by the daw.......
What's the matter?
Nothing..start again..
HOSEA'
can you se....
What's so funny?
Nothing...start again..
No! Tell me what's
so funny?????Well, the words are ..
OH SAY can you see by the dawn's early light.
No it's not, Mom! It's Hosea'
can you see...
Cuz there's a new kid in our class named Hosea'
and he doesn't know where everything is yet..
so the song is Hosea' can you see THE FLAG..
Well, I wasn't gonna argue with a first grader..
I figured she'd get it right before she
graduated. I never did
remember exactly WHEN she
figured it out...but it
was good for a few laughs
at the time.
So, the other day,
daughter of my daughter,
needs some socks.
I told her to go up to the bedroom
they sleep in when they visit here
and look in the top drawer~
and she would find some new socks.
She comes down the steps,
looking a bit discouraged.
What's the matter? I ask.
I can't wear these!
They are for 4 to 6..
and I am 8
so I can't wear them....
Alrighty then..LULU!
Let me see if I can find some
different ones.
Up the steps,
remove the label,
hand them to her..
These fit fine, Nana,
Thank you!
Same socks-different concept~

This literal little girl loves to read.She is a very good reader..

reading about 2 years above her grade level.

I love to watch her and her friend,

sitting in Barnes & Noble

reading a book! In a world where there are

so many wordily distractions, I am

glad to see kids reading.

After we leave Barnes & Noble

we head to Olive Garden for lunch.

A treat reserved for once-in-a-while.

They order their food.

We eat and as we are about to leave

we see Lulu's ex-babysitter,Miss G,

who now has a life..

and doesn't babysit anymore.

She chit chats with Lulu and tells her

how much she has grown.

Lulu, she says, maybe someday

when you are a little older and I have

kids you can babysit for me..

just like I did for you.

No, Lulu says, thank you,

but I really don't want to.

Oh, sure you will I don't mean right

now...I mean when you get older.

No, Lulu says, very seriously,

I won't want to.

Why not? Asks MissG, smiling.

Well, because you were mean when

you babysat so your kids will probably

be mean too.

MissG's mouth dropped open in surprise.

My mouth dropped open in surprise.

(or maybe it was mortification...sometimes

I get those two mixed up.)

MissG recovering nicely said,

Lulu, I wasn't mean..

Yes, yes you were, MissG.

You were mean.

We said our goodbyes and left.

When we got in the parking lot

her Mom and I started laughing

hysterically. We hooted and howled

with tears in our eyes. I could hardly

catch my breath.

Finally..my daughter said,

Lulu! Why did you ever say that?

Lulu, very earnestly, said..

Because it's the truth...

The moral of the story is...

never ask a question you don't

already know the answer to.

Especially if the person in front of you

is our Little Lulu.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar