What changes has September brought to your garden?
The abundance of flowers and vegetables has reduced, but there are still plants to catch the eye. This salvia above sat in a pot for about a month waiting to be planted, and on occasions was left to dry out. Despite the harsh treatment it has rewarded us with these amazing flowers, which as you can see attract the insects.
These sedum flowers are also loved by the insects. These plants have been generated over the past few years from one plant! I do the "Chelsea Chop" on the sedums in May and use the pieces I have cut off to make new plants- they seem to root so easily. Now I have so many I only cut some of the plants in May to give me a variety in heights.
I am particularly pleased with the Rudbeckia Goldstrum this year.It was taken form a cutting in our old garden and I have struggled to find a position that it has been happy in our new garden. This is the best display yet, although it has a long way to go to give me anything like the display in our old garden here. It is actually four year ago today that we moved here, it seems as if the years have gone in a flash!
The grapes have been maturing (last months post showed them all looking very green) we picked eighty bunches yesterday and there is still many bunches left hanging on the vine. Today we have been busy making grape juice, after last years wine disaster and the June elderflower champagne that tasted awful we have taken the easy way out again this year and made something that doesn't need too much attention.
The days suddenly seem to be shortening at a increased pace with the sun now setting around 7pm, After a stormy weekend last week we have been rewarded with some amazing sunrises and sunsets and a golden glow cast across the field and through the hedge.
It has even made the stinging nettles (in the field not in my garden!) look attractive!
Apologies once again for lack of presence here, the pace of life has not, as I hoped slowed down yet!
Sarah
Sarah

0 Yorumlar